Monday, May 19, 2014

Etsy VFGteam Featured Seller

Welcome back to our VFG Blog series featuring members of the VFGteam at Etsy!

You will be introduced to a different Team member in each new post. Please check out our Team Gallery page here.

Today's featured seller is Tish and you can visit her shop LadyScarletts here.
 
1. When did you first get interested in vintage fashion & why?

My interest started as young as 6 years old when I received my first Barbie Doll. When I was a young teen my mother had an antique shop and I would collect small bits of clothing and women's accessories. I soon started purchasing items and the collection was born. I pursued my interest by studying fashion and design in college and eventually received my Master's Degree.

2. Do you regularly wear vintage?

Not as much as I used to. Most days are spent in casual wear while at the computer (one of the perks of working from home).
When I go out I usually try and add a vintage piece.

3. Do you have a Holy Grail?

My Holy Grail would be an original Fortuny in the original box!
Or anything by Schiaparelli, preferably her Lobster Dress.

4. If you could visit the atelier of any fashion designer (dead or alive), who would it be?

I'd love to have met Charles Frederick Worth. He was so innovative with his use of fabrics, color and even his merchandising techniques. I have to add Lucile, her designs were so dramatic and feminine. She was also the first English woman designer to achieve world wide success.

5. What do you see as the future of vintage?

When I first became involved in vintage (many moons ago) not many were interested in this field. Since technology has exploded so has the collecting of antique and vintage wear. Great well made vintage will always be in style, but different eras will become hot as the generations change.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop?

My favorite dress is this 1890s wine and cream ensemble:
 


Here are a few more items from Tish's shop: